Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baked Potato Wedges Recipe

There are days when all we want is some comfort food - french fries! As much as I love my fried food, I am mindful of how unhealthy are, especially when you get them in restaurants or fast food joints. If you had had a chance to peep at restaurants doing deep-frying, you would notice that the oil is a dark murky colour, resultant of repeated use and even re-use.

To side step that, the best way would be prepare them at home but frying requires copious amount of oil and not to mention the amount of cleaning that needs to be done. When craving calls, the best way would be to think of the next best alternative. I figured if I can't get my french fries, I can get some potato wedges baked to a crisp.



(serves 2-3)

Ingredients
2 potatoes (I used US Russet potatoes)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
0.75 tsp salt
Pepper
Any other seasoning - Herbs, spices (Optional)

Method
1. Wash potatoes clean using a scrub and cut into wedges. I cut 1 potato into 8 wedges. Do not remove the skin of the potatoes as they hold nutrients and gives a nice crisp when baked

2. Rub salt, pepper and any other seasoning onto the wedges and drizzle olive oil over. Toss well to ensure that all wedges are well seasoned. Arrange wedges on tray such that one of the cut sides is downward facing and they are placed slightly apart. 

3. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Take tray out of oven and flip the potatoes. Bake for another 5-10 minutes till brown.

Tips
Instead of using a scrub/brush, I improvised by using a spoon to scrape the potatoes

The potato wedges should be about the same size to ensure that they will be done around the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...