Saturday, August 31, 2013

Soft baked Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies Recipe

One more chewy cookie recipe to add to my growing list of chewies. This is an adaptation of my previous recipe - Soft baked Chewy Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe. If you are fan of soft-baked cookies like me, you would know that Subway offers one of the yummiest freshly made ones in the market. But on days where you have this intense craving but is lazy to travel out, why not make some from scratch? Trust me, they are super easy and all you need is a big bowl and lots of chocolate - chocolate chips, chunks, bars, etc.



A quick search through my blog will bring you another similar recipe, Chewy Subway Chocolate Chips Cookies Recipe. That recipe is good as well but it uses bread flour which I don't usually have on hand. This recipe, on the other hand, uses a mix of plain flour and corn flour, making things much more convenient since I tend to only have cake flour and plain flour at hand.

The interesting bit about this cookie is the addition of cream cheese. According to averincooks, it makes a good healthy partial substitute for butter and adds depth to the cookie dough. I gave it a try and its oh-so-good!

(makes 9 big cookies)

Ingredients
55g unsalted butter
25g block cream cheese
50g light brown sugar
15g white castor sugar
1/2 egg (I used large egg)
140g plain flour
1 tsp corn flour
1/2 baking soda
150g chocolate (I used chocolate chips, buttons and extra dark Royce chocolate)

Method
1. Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg and continue to beat.

2. Sieve in flour and baking soda. Mix well.

3. Add in chocolate and mix. Separate dough into 9-12 cookies depending on preference. I used 2 tbsp of cookie dough to form one big cookie made a total of 9 cookies. I like big thick cookies and I can bake everything together as they fit nicely into my small baking pan

4. Bake in pre-heated oven at degrees for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven. The cookies are ready when they are set and dry to touch

Tips
It is important to chill your dough for at least 3 hours or overnight before baking. This will help to produce thick cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...